Friday 11 January 2013

Haul, Review and Swatch: Maybelline from Target

I got some stuff from Target and it ended up being mainly Maybelline products, so I thought I'd share my mini haul. They are products I have wanted to try for a while and are quite popular around the internet too.


Enjoy!






And the products are Maybelline Fit me concealer in 10 Light, Rimmel Soft kohl Kajal eye pencil in Pure White, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple, and Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner in 959 Blackest Black.



The Maybelline Fit me concealer in 10 Light is a liquid concealer which cost me $10.95 (AUD) for 6.8mL/0.23oz. and I'll use for under the eye area. The packaging is good, a simple square tube with a screw off top. It comes with a wand applicator that's great for dotting under the eyes and it's easy to blend in with fingers. Application was simple and the product blended really well into the skin. It's not drying on the skin and it doesn't make the under eye area look cakey. I didn't use a primer and it only creased a bit. I would definitely use my M.A.C Prep+Prime Vibrancy eye for every day use. I like this concealer but I think this one is a close second to Maybelline New Instant Age Rewind Eraser dark circles in 20 Light, but the sponge dome of the Age rewind is supremely annoying.



The Rimmel Soft kohl Kajal eye pencil in Pure White will hopefully be a good replacement for NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk and a less intense version of Inglot matte gel eyeliner #76 for the waterline. It cost $8.50 (AUD) for 1.2g/0.04oz. It is a really soft matte pencil and goes on smoothly, which is great for the sensitive waterline. That's very different from the last Soft Kohl pencil in Jet black that I tried earlier in the year, which I stopped using cause it hurt to apply. This pencil isn't really long wearing, it rubs off on my eyes in the outer 1/3 of the waterline, however it strays on the rest of the water line pretty well. I will use this for when I want a less extreme white on the waterline or don't feel like using a gel eyeliner on it. 





The Eyestudio Color tattoo in Painted Purple is damn nice and only cost $10.95 (AUD). I really like the glass pot it comes in and the lid is a pretty study plastic. It has a decent amount of weight to it and the glass makes it not seem cheap as a plastic one would. You get 4g/0.14oz, which seems like a nice amount of product that should last quite a while. I love the colour, which you can see through the clear bottom and the consistency is great. It is really soft and creamy with decent colour payoff and you can layer it for more intensity. It blends well when you first apply it but sets dry and really doesn't budge and wears really well over the day with out much fading. I mean I rubbed at my eye and none came off on my finger and it didn't disturb the line. It comes off with oil based makeup remover easily though. I really wanted this for a good purple eyeshadow base and it grabs onto shadow really well, even loose shadow, so it will be my new go to purple base.





This eyeliner is really smooth and creamy too and goes on so easily. It was $12.95 (AUD) for the little pot which is rather cute. It is similar to the Color tattoo with a glass pot and solid plastic lid. It looks like a lot less product that the Color tattoo, however it's 3g/0.106oz. so not much less than the shadow and it should last a long time since you don't use that much eyeliner at a time. The product is really opaque and drys matte, which is lovely but it isn't as smudge proof when it's dry as the package says. You can blend it out while it's still wet and smudge it for a smoky effect or use it for a cat-eye liner style. I was able to rub it off with my finger, so that's disappointing for a long wearing formula. I didn't use a primer but I don't have terribly oily lids. It wore fine as long as I didn't rub my eyes, which I tend to avoid when I am wearing makeup, so that's ok. The brush is actually quite fantastic. It doesn't look like it would be easy to make a thin line, but the brush head reduces in size when you have the product on it and further more using the side of it allows you to get right into the inner corner of you lash line or make a fairly sharp pointed wing, providing you are neater than me.



Here's some swatches straight on bare skin.





Maybelline Fit me concealer in 10 Light, Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner in 959 Blackest Black, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple, and Rimmel Soft kohl Kajal eye pencil in Pure White.


Maybelline Fit me concealer in 10 Light

Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner in 959 Blackest Black

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple

Rimmel Soft kohl Kajal eye pencil in Pure White



And a quick application on the eye without primer and no mascara. 





Maybelline Fit me concealer in 10 Light under the eye, Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner in 959 Blackest Black on the upper lashline, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple smudge on the lower lashline, and Rimmel Soft kohl Kajal eye pencil in Pure White on the waterline.



No comments:

Post a Comment